Frequently Asked Questions

Here you can search for and find a list of frequently asked questions from our clients. Please browse and if there is anything we can help you with we will be happy to assist. Thank You!

Architectural Regulations

Do I have to submit an application to make changes to my home or yard?
Yes, if the appearance of your home or yard will change, you must submit a complete application and receive approval from the association PRIOR to commencing work.
How do I get a copy of an architectural application?
You may call 843-237-9551 or e-mail with your association name and request for the application.
Do I have to submit an application to build a house?
Yes, you may call 843-237-9551 or e-mail with your association name and request for the application.


What are the options for paying my assessments?
You may pay your assessments by check, direct debit, e-check or online at
Why do owners have to pay assessments?
Per each association's governing documents, owners are required to share in the expenses of the association to preserve and maintain the community's assets.
What address do I mail my payments to?
Waccamaw Management, LLC, AAMC uses two lockboxes for payments, so please refer to your payment coupon to see the address or call 843-237-9551.
Can I pay my assessments over the phone?
Waccamaw Management, LLC, AAMC does not accept payments by phone.
How do I get set up on direct debit?
Please call 843-237-9551 or e-mail with your association's name and your request for the direct debit authorization form.
How do I change my direct debit from one checking account to another one?
Please call 843-237-9551 or e-mail with your association's name and request to change accounts. We will send you the cancellation form for the existing account and an authorization form for the new account.
Why did I get a late fee?
Each association has guidelines on payment due dates. When payment is not received, the association's collection policy dictates the amount of late fees applied to the account.
Can you waive my late fee?
To request a late fee waiver, you may submit your request in writing to the Board of Directors by e-mailing the Association Manager.
Who decides how my assessment payments are used?
Your Board of Directors approves a budget each year to cover the operating expenses, reserve contributions and any other expected expenses for your association. Any expenses outside of the budget are approved by the Board of Directors.
Who do I make my assessment check payable to?
All checks should be made payable to your association.
Can I pay my assessments for the whole year at one time?
What happens if I don't pay my assessments?
Each association has a collection policy for unpaid assessments, which includes sending the account to the association's attorney for collection, which will incur additional fees for which you will be responsible.
When will I receive my coupons for next year?
Coupons for the following year are usually mailed in early December.

Board of Directors

What does the Board of Directors do?
The Board of Directors governs the association and makes decisions in the best interest of the community. They work with the Association Manager to accomplish goals.
How do I volunteer to be on the Board of Directors or a Committee?
You may contact a current Board Member or the Association Manager to express your interest. In addition, many associations send out applications for owners to volunteer when there are open positions.
Who attends Board Meetings from Waccamaw Management?
The Association Manager will attend Board Meetings and may also be accompanied by the association's Community Specialist.
Why do I need to return a proxy?
If you are unable to attend an Annual or Special Meeting, the proxy will allow you to count towards quorum as well as have your vote cast at the meeting.
Can I attend a Board Meeting?
All Board Meetings are open for owners to attend, however please note that you are not allowed to participate in the meeting unless the Board permits.


Where can I get a copy of my association's governing documents?
Existing owners can request a copy of the association's governing documents from Waccamaw Management, LLC, AAMC. Realtors and other parties may go to to purchase a copy.
What are the CCR's?
The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions document is the main governing document for single family homeowner associations. It lays the groundwork for assessments and conduct of the community.
What are the Bylaws?
The Bylaws document describes how the association should function (Board Meetings, Annual Meetings, Board of Directors, etc.) In some cases, it provides information on assessments.
What is the Master Deed?
The Master Deed is the main governing document for condominium and town home associations. It lays the groundwork for assessments and conduct of the community.


Will a yearly audit of the association's financials be performed?
Waccamaw Management, LLC, AAMC strongly recommends that every association have a yearly audit performed. We work with many auditors and assist the association in the process by providing the required documents to the auditor and working with them throughout the entire process.


How do I request a management proposal for my community and how much does it cost?
You can go to and click on the 'Management Proposal' form to send an e-mail with your request. You may also call 843-237-9551 with your request. There is no cost for a proposal.
How often does the manager visit my property?
Association Managers generally visit the property once per week, however there may be times that they visit more or less often based on necessity.
Do you manage rentals?
Where are your offices located?
Pawleys Island (Corporate Office): 41 Maintenance Road, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Briarwood: 605 Briarwood Drive, Suite C, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Carolina Forest: 4102 Carolina Commercial Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
Grande Dunes: 980 Cipriana Drive #8A, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
What are your office hours?
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Do you offer websites for your associations?
Yes, we offer website options as simple or complex as you would like.
Are you involved with CAI?
Yes, all Association Managers are required to become certified through CAI and the company fully supports their endeavors.
Are your managers certified?
We have 5 PCAM's, 7 AMS's, and 15 CMCA's. Seven additional Association Managers are currently seeking their PCAM certifications.
How long is your management contract for?
Our typical management contract is for three years, however that can be adjusted based on the needs of the association.
How long will it take for me to receive a response to my call or e-mail?
Our goal is to return calls and e-mails within 24 business hours, however our typical response time is much faster than that.


What do I do if I need to report a maintenance problem?
If you notice a maintenance problem on common area, you may call 843-237-9551 or contact the Community Specialist or Association Manager via e-mail.
What do I do if a street light is out?
Please note the number off of the metal plate on the pole and contact Waccamaw Management with that pole number. We will be happy to report this to the power company for you.
What do I do if I have an emergency?
If you have a medical or serious emergency, call 911. For other urgent needs, call 843-237-9551.
How do I get in touch with someone after hours for an urgent issue?
Call 843-237-9551 and you will be connected with the after hours answering service. They will contact the appropriate party for resolution of the matter.
Who do I contact with a warranty issue?
You must contact the builder of your home.
How can I get a mailbox?
You may call 843-237-9551 or e-mail to find out where you can order a mailbox from for your particular association.

New Owners

How can I request a Certificate of Assessment?
The majority of COA's can be ordered from
I am a new owner. What do I do now?
Congratulations on your purchase! If you need immediate access to a gated community, you may bring / send a copy of your HUD to our office and we will provide you with the necessary information. You will receive a Welcome Packet from us within approximately one month, which will contain your assessment payment coupons and other pertinent association information.
How can I get my barcodes, decals, gate access, clubhouse access, etc?
You can contact the Community Specialist for your association to obtain barcodes, decals, gate access, clubhouse access, etc.
When does our pool open?
Generally, most exterior pools are open from mid-April until Oct. 1, however each association varies, so call 843-237-9551 or e-mail to confirm the specific dates for your community.
What day is trash pick-up?
If your association offers trash pick-up, please call 843-237-9551 or e-mail to find out the days scheduled for your community.
How do I get a trash can?
If your association offers trash pick-up, please call 843-237-9551 or e-mail with your name, address and request for a trash can. Please note that delivery of the trash can may take up to 10 business days.
How do I reserve the community clubhouse?
Please contact the Community Specialist for your association to check availability and to obtain details on clubhouse rentals.


Do you have a list of preferred vendors?
No. Waccamaw Management, LLC, AAMC solicits proposals from multiple vendors at the Board's request. There are no preferred vendors, however we do work with many vendors on a daily basis, so we have extensive knowledge of what vendors would be appropriate for your needs.
How are vendors selected?
At the Board's request, the Association Manager solicits proposals. The Board of Directors has the responsibility to choose the contractor they wish to perform the work.


Why did I receive a violation letter?
Every association has guidelines that must be followed, which includes the association's governing documents, ARB Guidelines, Rules and Regulations, etc. When those regulations are not followed, the Board of Directors has the responsibility to take steps to make owners become compliant.
How do I report a violation?
You may report a violation in writing to your Association Manager.
What can I do about people speeding in my community?
If you see repeat offenders, you may report it to the Association Manager. You may also call the police and ask them to patrol.
What happens if I don't pay my monetary violation penalties?
Delinquent accounts are sent to the attorney for collection. Please note that all delinquent amounts and collection/attorney fees will be the responsibility of the owner and must be paid before your account will be returned to normal status.