Your assistance in Hurricane Preparedness is essential. Here are some ways that you can help:
* Remove all items that you can from your balcony and porches;
* Store drinking water, plan your evacuation route;
* Keep portable radios, flashlight and batteries on hand and stay informed, listen to your weather updates;
* If an evacuation is ordered, evacuation routes and shelters are available at the security gates;
* Contact a family member outside the watch or warning area with the location of your destination;
* Plan to leave early during an evacuation.
Please allow your Association Manager time to assess the situation, clear the roads and parking areas. Utility services, power and water may be disconnected or damaged during the storm and may take some time to restore. No one will be allowed on the property until it is determined to be safe. Even though the evacuation orders are lifted, without electricity and water, the fire department will not allow properties to be occupied. We understand that you will be anxious to check your homes, but please cooperate with local authorities and the management company. We will post hurricane updates on this website as soon as possible.
Other related websites:
National Hurricane Center: www.nhc.noaa.gov
National Weather Service: www.noaa.gov
Department of Public Safety: www.state.sc.us/dps
Department of Transportation: www.dot.state.sc.us
S.C. Emergency Management Division: www.scemd.org
Georgetown County Emergency Operations Center: www.georgetowncountysc.org/emergencyprep/default.html
2009 Hurricane Publication: